After graduating from Boston University, Scott earned his Law Degree from the Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware.
Scott is admitted to practice before the New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York State Bars. In 1995, along with Stuart Minion, he founded the Law Firm of Minion & Sherman.
In 2003 Scott was appointed to a three year term as a member of the Lawyers' Advisory Committee (LAC) for the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey. In 2006 Scott was re-appointed to the LAC and is currently in the middle of serving his second three year term.
Scott has also served as a panelist at seminars offered by the Passaic County Bar Association, Rutgers Law School, and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Residential Real Estate
- General Practice
- New Jersey, 1992
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- Lawyers Advisory Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey, 2003 to 2009
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1992
- Boston University, Boston, MA
- B.A. - 1988
- Chapter 13 Practice: From Cradle to Grave, Passaic County Bar Association, 12/12/2003 to 12/12/2003
- Consumer Bankruptcy Practice Under 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Legislation, NJ ICLE, 09/22/2005 to 09/29/2005
- Consumer Bankruptcy: What You Need to Know About the New Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act, Passaic County Bar Association, 05/11/2006 to 05/11/2006
- 7th Annual Hon. William H. Gindin Bankruptcy Bench-Bar Conference: Hot Topics in Chapter 13, NJ ICLE, 04/01/2005 to 04/01/2005
- Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, Rutgers University School of Law - Community Law Clinic, 11/17/2005 to 11/17/2005
- New Jersey Foreclosure and Repossession "Bankruptcy and the Secured Creditor", National Business Institute, Inc., 1993, 1994
- IN RE Connors, 497 F.3D 314, 2007, 3rd Circuit
- IN RE WDH Howell, LLC, 294 B.R. 613, 2003, Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey
- IN RE Eastwood, 192 B.R. 96, 1996, Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey
- IN RE Narvaez, 161 B.R. 762, 1993, Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey
- Matter of Kennedy, 158 B.R. 589, 1993, Bankruptcy Court - District of New Jersey