Providing Family-Oriented Legal Counsel During Family Law Disputes
If you are going through a divorce or need to obtain a post-judgment modification or enforcement, an experienced lawyer can offer legal solutions to your family’s problems. At the Essex County family law offices of Minion & Sherman, we will help you look at the big picture, handling your family law concerns with compassion and concern.
Protecting families in New Jersey since 1995, our Essex County, New Jersey, family law attorneys will take the time to listen to your concerns for your family and your future at this critical time. Whether you are going through a divorce or dealing with issues of domestic violence, we will be here for you.
- Divorce: We will make sure you stay focused on the big picture and will advocate for your interests during your divorce, whether negotiating a property settlement agreement or establishing a fair child custody arrangement.
- Division of property: The law begins with the presumption that property should be split evenly in divorce, but it is possible to negotiate a flexible, creative solution to meet your needs.
- Alimony: Spousal support is awarded to assist the lesser wage-earner with a lifestyle substantially similar to the one maintained during the course of the marriage.
- Child custody and child support: Even though your marriage may be ending, you will be parents forever. Creating the right child custody and visitation plan that also addresses the financial needs of your children is the first step toward moving forward. We will help you establish an arrangement that is in the best interests of your children.
- Post-judgment modifications or enforcement: If there has been a significant change in circumstances, you may be eligible for a child custody, child support or spousal support modification. We also assist clients seeking an enforcement of a spousal support or child support payment.
- Domestic violence: Incidents of domestic violence tear families apart every day. We can help you protect your family and get the help you need.
- Prenuptial agreements: A prenuptial agreement can be an important tool to make sure your individual rights are protected in marriage.