Real Solutions And Honest Advice For Over 30 Years

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Modifications & Enforcement

When Life Changes, Court Orders May Also Need To Change

Are you having trouble obtaining spousal support or child support payments you are due? Do you believe you are paying too much in support? Or do you need to change your existing custody and visitation order?

At the West Caldwell law offices of Minion & Sherman, we understand how important it is to have court orders that properly reflect your situation. We also know how difficult it can be to seek enforcement or modification. Our Essex County, New Jersey, child support modification lawyers are here to effectively and efficiently guide you through these processes so you can move forward.

Modifying Your Custody, Child Support Or Alimony Order

Any party can request a modification of an existing court order as long as there has been a substantial change in circumstances. In representing clients from Essex County, Passaic County and Morris County, we most often handle modification requests involving:

  • Spousal support/alimony: The purpose of spousal support is to help maintain the supported individual’s lifestyle. However, support can be modified upon changes such as the loss of a job or remarriage. If you believe you deserve a modified spousal support payment or if you would like to fight against a spousal support modification request, reach out to us for reliable, responsive representation.
  • Child support: The financial needs of a child change as the child ages. To ensure your property settlement agreement appropriately reflects your child’s current needs or your ability to pay, contact us.
  • Child custody and visitation: Parenting time schedules often require a change as the child grows and their needs change. A custody modification may also occur in parental relocation or move-away situations. Speak with one of our experienced family law attorneys today to learn more.

We also assist individuals seeking enforcement of a support order or visitation arrangement. If any provision of your current property settlement agreement is not being followed, consider pursuing an enforcement request. While these requests do take time within the court system, we can do our best to ensure all of your needs and concerns are addressed.

Do You Need Help Modifying Your Order? Call Us Today For A Free Consultation.

If you have questions about modifications or enforcement requests, speak to one of our caring, reliable lawyers today. Contact us to schedule your free initial consultation and learn whether we can be of service to you. Call us at 973-559-5791 today.